Conducting Effective Meetings
Create Meetings that Motivate People to Attend & Participate
Everyone wants their meetings with employees to run more smoothly, offer efficiencies as well as a positive atmosphere, and a focus on the bottom line. Turn around the perception that most meetings are unproductive, costly, and a waste of time. Enhanced meeting-management strategies will encourage participation and turn around old negative views about meetings. This course is a must for any supervisor or manager who wants to improve the facilitation and results of meetings. Use techniques that will keep a group on track to achieve maximum productivity.
Participants will learn how to:
Facilitate great meetings to achieve more powerful outcomes.
Keep a group on track to achieve maximum results.
Be a good participant: continually assess structures for improvement.
- Examine the “bare bones” structure of successful meetings for contemporary environments.
- Ensure success through pre-meeting steps: agenda, email, reminders, and prep.
- Select the best agenda options to achieve desired outcomes (using inductive methods).
- Assess interpersonal skills necessary to communicate clearly and build consensus.
- Make meetings shorter but more productive – a winning combination.
- Use the best possible techniques for running meetings and managing a group.
- Control disruptive attendees who have their own personal agendas.
- Facilitate powerful outcomes by merging a blend of structured items and open discussion.
- Encourage active participation from all attendees.
- Organize important follow up steps: Tasking and minutes.
- Defuse obstacles: Take charge, facilitate successfully, and remain flexible.
- Keep your entire group focused on desired goals and outcomes for each gathering.
- Rein in the meeting disruptors.