Cortel Improvement will help you be the best mentor possible because mentoring can be one of the single most rewarding responsibilities. Whether part of a formal mentoring program, or an informal mentor, the same principles apply.
Participants will gain:
- Knowledge about how to start off on the right foot with a protege/mentee.
- Methods for establishing rapport and building trust to enhance the mentoring/coaching relationship.
- Ways to sustain excellent relationships by first understanding their roles, responsibilities, & ingredients for success.
- Insight about the difference between mentoring, coaching and counseling.
- Use of coaching and feedback techniques to develop your protege/mentee.
- Structure and frequency of meetings with your protege.
- Differences between formal and informal mentoring programs– and how to successfully navigate either.
- Valuable perspective on ways to continue long-term relationships with your protege.
This program can also be expanded to educate Human Resources (HR) professionals and managers on successful methods for establishing an organization-wide mentoring program.