At the end of this training, participants will feel more confident in their role as both leader and manager, whether they are in a supervisory role or not. They will learn how to enhance their skills in both capacities based on the premise that everyone needs to both lead their job as well as manage it.
- Explore the distinct differences and the subtle similarities of leadership vs. management.
- Break it down: ‘Positional’ Power (management) versus ‘Personal’ Power (leadership).
- Know the tenets of management – what must occur in order to be successful in your job.
- Discover their goals (leadership); then outline regular reminders about tasks (mgmt.).
- Learn how to overcome active resistance and gain buy in – be a change/initiative person.
- Through practical exercises, determine which style works best for day-to-day situations.