Counseling and coaching skills are essential to upgrade performance as it relates to the organization’s mission.
|Empower every employee to become more effective, productive, and committed. Learn proven counseling skills to get your point across and ensure corrective behavior without being pushy, abrasive, or offensive.
|Participants will gain the following tools:
- The four-step performance counseling model.
- The ability to set a positive tone by establishing the right rapport as you begin.
- Using coaching style and tone, provide constructive feedback during performance counseling.
- How to remain objective about possible causes when there is undesirable performance.
- Techniques for defusing negativism and conflict if defensiveness occurs.
- Methods to minimize repeated performance failure.
- Techniques to close the gap between current and future performance.
- Create a positive working partnership between you and the people you are leading.
- Learn how to clearly state goals, desired performance, expected time-frames, and anticipated behaviors.
- Close by summarizing and establishing an Action Plan.
- Continue to shift your mindset from a boss to a coach–better results will abound.
- Use a template as you provide annual and incremental performance discussions.